The journey to parenthood is filled with constant discovery and transformation. Through this journey I encourage parents to listen to their inner wisdom. Trusting your ability to be pregnant, to labor and birth, to parent; trusting your baby to communicate, learn, and grow with you, are all essential in creating a healthy and rewarding experience.
Education, training, experience:
• Two daughters, born in August 2000 and February 2003. Godmother of twin boys born September 2008.
• I have an AA in early childhood development/education and have been working with young children and parents since 1993.
• I am a certified birth doula through DONA since 2004. I have completed DONA training for postpartum doula.
• I am a certified childbirth educator through B.A.B.E. and have been teaching childbirth preparation and babycare classes since August 2003.
• I am a certified lactation educator and have been teaching breastfeeding classes since November 2006. I have successfully breastfed my two daughters for a total of 23 months.
• Trained in recognizing postpartum mood disorders, basic massage and acupressure, adult/child/infant CPR and first aid. Extensive training in nutrition.
Currently not taking postpartum clients.
Services Offered as a Birth Doula-
Booked through mid July 2013.
I will travel throughout the South Bay- Los Gatos, Campbell, Saratoga, San Jose, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Los Altos and Palo Alto.
If you are out of range for my services or I am booked, I would be happy to refer you to other fabulous doulas.
Two or more prenatal visits-
During these prenatal visits we will get acquainted with each other, review/practice childbirth preparation information, tips for the partner, relaxation techniques, breathing techniques, exercises beneficial for labor, tips for communication skills with birthing team, and building self-confidence and trust in your abilities.
24/7 email and phone support upon hire.
Call anytime if you have questions or just need some support!
In labor, I will come to you within one hour of you asking for me to come, no matter what stage of labor you are in.
I will remain with you throughout labor; supporting you physically, emotionally, and informationally. I utilize tools such as massage/ acupressure, birth ball, positioning, breathing, relaxation techniques, aromatherapy, heat therapy, and more.
I will remain up to two hours immediate postpartum to help you with breastfeeding and transitioning into parenthood.
I visit two times during the postpartum period. We discuss your labor and birth experience, breastfeeding, baby care, nutrition, sleep, postpartum moods, and whatever else you need to talk/ ask about.
I take 1-2 clients a month, I always have a back up doula that you can meet if you would like. I have never needed to use my back ups to date.
If you are delivering with a homebirth or hospital midwife- $950
If you are delivering with a OB/GYN- $1150
Contact Heather- firstname.lastname@example.org