The journey to parenthood is filled with constant discovery and transformation. Through this journey I encourage parents to listen to their inner wisdom. Trusting your ability to be pregnant, to labor and birth, to parent; trusting your baby to communicate, learn, and grow with you, are all essential in creating a healthy and rewarding experience.
Education, training, experience:
• Two daughters, born in August 2000 and February 2003. Godmother of twin boys born September 2008.
• I have an AA in early childhood development/education and have been working with young children and parents since 1993.
• I am a certified birth doula through DONA since 2004. I have completed DONA training for postpartum doula. Practiced as a birth doula until March 2014.
• I am a certified childbirth educator through ACBE (Academy of Certified Birth Educators), and have been teaching childbirth preparation and babycare classes since August 2003.
• I am a certified lactation educator and have been teaching breastfeeding classes since November 2006. I have successfully breastfed my two daughters for a total of 23 months.
• Trained in recognizing postpartum mood disorders, basic massage and acupressure, female pelvic floor, adult/child/infant CPR and first aid. Extensive training in nutrition.
I am retiring from Birth Doula Services unless you are a repeat client or potentially if you are a referral from a past client, due to a busy teaching schedule. For my repeat clients, please send me an email or call and we will chat about my availability.
I will happily refer new people to some amazing doulas; if you need one, please send me an email.
Contact Heather- email@example.com