Feeding Baby Handouts
The handouts and resources on this website are for general information only, are supplemental to the classes I teach, and are not intended to provide specific advice or recommendations for any individual. Your caregiver should be consulted for advice with regard to your individual situation.
All handouts are copyright protected. For handouts not created by me, I have been given permission to reproduce for educational purposes only. Please respect all copyright laws.
If you have trouble downloading a handout or feel there is an inaccuracy please email me at email@example.com
- Breastfeeding Guide
- CA 2012- Overcoming Barriers in Breastfeeding
- CIMS Breastfeeding-The Benefits for Mother and Baby
- How Fathers and Partners Can Help with Breastfeeding
- Why Laid Back Breastfeeding?
- How to do Laid Back Breastfeeding
- Medications and Breastfeeding
- The Twenty Four Hour Cure- Bad Latch, Low Milk Production, etc.
- CA Breastfeeding Laws
- Bottle Feeding a Breastfed Baby
- Breastmilk Storage Chart
Here are some of Dr Newman’s Handouts. You can find video clips at his website- www.drjacknewman.com
- Blocked Ducts/ Mastitis
- Breastfeed a Toddler?
- Breastfeeding and Illness
- Breastfeeding and Jaundice
- Breastfeeding and Medications
- Breastfeeding the Premature Baby
- Colic in the Breastfed Baby
- Expressing Breast Milk
- Herbal Remedies for Milk Supply
- How to Know Your Caregiver is Supportive of Breastfeeding
- Hypoglycaemia of the Newborn (Low Blood Sugar)
- Is Baby Getting Enough?
- Myths of Breastfeeding
- Sore Nipples
- Starting Out Right
- The Importance of Skin to Skin Contact
- Thrush 1
- Thrush 2
- Thrush 3
- Toxins and Infant Feeding
- Vasospasm and Raynaud’s Phenomenon
- When Latching
Please visit Feeding Baby Web Resources for great webpages on this topic.
The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, by La Leche League OR
The Nursing Mother’s Companion, by Kathleen Huggins, RN, MS
For Twins or More
Mothering Multiples by Karen Gromada
Low Milk Supply
The Breastfeeding Mother’s Guide to Making More Milk, by Diana West, IBCLC and Lisa Marasco, MA, IBCLC
Super Baby Food by Ruth Yaron
My Favorite Cookbook!
Nourishing Meals by Alissa Segersten and Tom Malterre MS, CN