Postpartum Doula Services
A quick review of Heather’s qualifications-
1. Trustline Certified (fingerprinted/back ground check), up to date vaccinations, works with traditional and non-traditional families.
2. I am mother of two girls born 2000 and 2003. I am a certified- birth & postpartum doula, childbirth educator and lactation educator.
3. I have been attending births since 2004 throughout the South Bay, 200+ births attended. 50+ families with Postpartum Support.
4. I always continue my education through training, reading and hands on experience.
5. See About Heather for more information about my training and background.
Before we set up an interview here is a checklist to see if we might be a good match-
1. You are interested in learning and practicing gentle parenting styles; developmentally appropriate and scientifically proven practices to parent your child(ren).
2. You want a highly experienced doula that can help guide you and your partner to an empowering postpartum experience.
3. You live in the South Bay. I will travel throughout the South Bay- Los Gatos, Campbell, Saratoga, San Jose, Sunnyvale, Cupertino, Santa Clara, Mountain View, Los Altos and Palo Alto. Further North or South may be considered with additional traveling fees.
4. You do not use artificial air fresheners (plug ins, sprays, candles) in your home or wear perfume. Due to an allergy to artificial fragrances, I can not work in a home that uses them. I am fine with pure essential oils.
A free one hour interview in Cupertino Starbucks or Sunnyvale Philz Coffee.
Once hired- We meet for a prenatal meeting in your home that usually lasts 2-3 hours to discuss your projected needs and wants for the postpartum period. I am on call for you two weeks before and after your due date to begin work if we schedule it as such.
Typical hours of availability vary-
Mondays 10am-1pm and 4pm-9pm
Wednesdays 10am- 1pm and 4pm-9pm
Thursdays 10am-1pm and 4pm-9pm
Occasional weekends- 1pm-9pm
Minimum is 2x a week, 3 hours a session;
Maximum is 4x a week, 5 hours a session.
As your Postpartum Doula I will-
- Assist you with breastfeeding, pumping, alternative feeding methods and bottle feeding. If your needs are outside of my expertise, I can refer you to the best Lactation Consultants in the Bay Area.
- Provide you information for normal newborn behavior, current child development, and provide you guidance on gentle parenting practices.
- Provides guidance and help with newborn tasks such as diapering, bathing, cord care, dressing, feeding, burping, crying, sleeping, swaddling, baby wearing, car seat, home safety, etc.
- Care for baby while you have a nap/rest, take a shower, or do whatever you want.
- Prepares healthy meals in your kitchen and cleans up afterwards. You provide the food and recipes you would like prepared. I have some cookbooks you can flip through.
- Runs light errands- such as nearby grocery shopping, Target, etc. You provide cash or gift card for the shopping, I will assure you get a receipt and your change.
- Performs light housekeeping such as dishes, light kitchen cleaning, laundry, take out the trash/recycling, vacuuming, dusting, picking up after other children. (I do not do bathrooms, scrub floors, window cleaning, pick up pet waste or yard work).
- Care and entertainment of siblings. Tips on sibling preparation and adjustment.
- Helps you process birth experience if needed.
- Guidance for baby blues and mild postpartum mood disorders.
- Anytime email, text and phone support.
- Provide you with resources outside of my expertise, ex. couple counseling, moderate to severe postpartum mood disorders.
Will my insurance/FSA reimburse for your doula services?
Possibly. I do not process insurance/FSA claims. Call your insurance company and ask if they reimburse for birth/postpartum doula services and what information they need from me to process it. A few PPO’s have reimbursed my past clients, zero HMO’s have, and all FSA’s have reimbursed to date. I will provide you with a receipt you can use for your claim via email within 24 hours of your full payment.
Postpartum Doula Investment-
For one prenatal appointment, being on call, phone/text/email support, and 20 hours of postpartum services- $1000 if paid in cash= $200 non-refundable retainer fee paid at prenatal/ balance due at 37 weeks (or at first prenatal if baby is already born). If paying by Credit Card/Check/PayPal- $1300= $300 retainer fee/balance due at 37 weeks.
For additional hours (minimum 3 hour sessions)- $40 an hour, if paid in cash. $50 an hour if paying with Credit Card/Check/PayPal.
Birth Doula Services AND Postpartum Doula Package- $2400 cash- $3100 CC/PayPal/Check Includes Basic Birth Package, extra prenatal visit to plan postpartum services, and 12 hours of Postpartum Doula Services as listed above.
Ready to set up your free one hour interview in Cupertino/Sunnyvale? Please fill out the form below and I will respond within 48 hours or less. I look forward to meeting you and your partner soon! email@example.com